West Wittering Beach Huts

West Wittering Church

Sailing Club

West Wittering Beach


Are you interested in growing your own?

Cricket Pavilion


Report it on 101

Friday, March 02, 2012

Reporting non-emergency crimes using 101

We all call 999 in an emergency but did you know that there is a number for less urgent incidents? The police regularly point out that they cannot respond to crime unless it is reported. Even though it may be too late to respond to the incident that has been witnessed or suffered the information helps the police to deploy their forces more accurately and to be prepared better for a possible recurrence.

The public is encouraged to call 101 to contact the police to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to a local officer. For example, call 101:

  • if your car has been stolen
  • if your property has been damaged
  • if you suspect drug use or dealing in your local area
  • to report a minor traffic accident
  • to give the police information about crime in your area
  • to speak to the police about a general enquiry

Further details can be found at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJusticeAndTheLaw/Reportingcrimeandantisocialbehaviour/DG_185338. You can also report crime annonymously at https://secure.crimestoppers-uk.org/ams.form.anonymous.asp.

There have been incidents of vandlism in the village recently so let’s make sure we report them.