West Wittering Beach Huts

West Wittering Church

Sailing Club

West Wittering Beach

Allotments

Are you interested in growing your own?

Cricket Pavilion

Minutes October 2017

26-Oct-2017

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council,

held on Thursday 5th October 2017 in the Sports Pavilion,

                                        Rookwood Road, West Wittering, PO20 8LT           

PRESENT: Mr R Shrubb (Chairman), Mr R Hutton (Vice Chairman) Mr R Lewis, Mr W Buckland, Mrs J Barrett, Mr K Martin, Mr H Patel and 8 members of the public. Cllr Barrett, Cllr Montyn and Cllr Hamilton were also present.

115.      APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mr D Sadler,

116.      DECLARATIONS UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT – Mr Shrubb, personal planning application, Yellowhammers.

117.      URGENT ITEMS – None

118.      PLANNING - Noted the decisions of the Council were as follows:

List No

Reference

Application details

32/17

WW/17/02263/DOM

Mr & Mrs Berliand The Ark  35 Marine Drive West West Wittering PO20 8HH Alterations to existing dwelling. Replacement garage and studio. Replacement roof line with new tiles and weatherboarding to existing walls.NO OBJECTION Subject to condition regarding separate unit of accommodation.

36/17

WW/17/02062/FUL

J Greenwood Soundings  Seaward Drive West Wittering PO20 8AB Replacement dwelling. NO OBJECTION Subject to condition regarding separate unit of accommodation.

WW/17/02500/DOM

Mr E Stevenson-Smith Yellow Hammers  Roman Landing West Wittering PO20 8AS Replace thatched roof covering with cedar shingle with associated dormer changes, new dormers and roof lights to suit loft conversion with recessed balcony. Renewal of WW/08/01229/DOM, WW/11/01811/EXT and WW/14/02119/DOM NO OBJECTION

37/17

WW/17/02300/PLD

Mr Terry Scott Marylyn  37 The Crescent West Wittering PO20 8EE Proposed single storey rear extension to create a fourth bedroom and an enlarged living space NO OBJECTION

WW/17/02547/TCA

St Peter And St Paul Church  Pound Road West Wittering PO20 8AJ Notification of intention to lateral prune to suitable unions to achieve a crown lift of up to 2m on 1 no. English Oak tree (T1/0251).NO OBJECTION

WW/17/02582/DOM

Mr & Mrs R & J Bridge Oak Trees Meadow Lane West Wittering Chichester

Single storey front and rear extensions. Replacement roof over existing single storey area and extensions. Two storey side extension, associated alterations, garden studio to rear garden & Bike/Bin store to front garden. OBJECTION Contrary to VDS policy 50 overdevelopment of plot and raised deck deemed uneighbourly


38/17

WW/17/02592/FUL

Mr Higgins Danbury  56 Howard Avenue West Wittering PO20 8EU Demolition of existing bungalow and garage and the erection of 2 no. replacement dwellings OBJECTION Overdevelopment, mass and bulk, out of keeping and lack of parking.

39/17

WW/17/02307/DOM

Mr Julian Da Vall 43 Russell Road West Wittering PO20 8EF Demolition of existing garage, construction of front, rear and side extensions, re-pitched roof with loft accommodation, garage and car port. Alternative to 17/01937/DOM OBJECTION As plans not clear as to changes and query re proposal on southern boundary

119.      NDP UPDATE – Mr Lewis reported on the recent Steering Group meetings and task progress. Members also noted that the Tourism study and visitor data tasks had been started. The Steering Group recommended that the VDS be updated at the same time as the NDP so that the 2 documents would be consulted on simultaneously. The next tasks were a draft format for the plan and a Heritage and Assets consultation which was being held on 23rd November 2017. On a proposal by Mr Shrubb and seconded by Mr Lewis members agreed to the VDS review being carried out at the same time as the NDP.

120.      ENFORCEMENT MATTERS – Noted the Enforcement Notice in respect of the fence in Summerfield Rd.

121.      CDC LOCAL PLAN REVIEW – Noted the proposals for Stubcroft Farm and agreed to liaise with EW&B PC regarding any response. Agreed to circulate the CDC Call for Sites responses.

122.      MINUTES AND MATTERS ARISING – On a proposal by Mr Hutton and seconded by Mr Buckland the minutes were approved by the Council. Mr Shrubb reported that the proposed meeting with West Wittering Estates regarding traffic issues would be held at the end of the month. Noted the planning application re the Old Nursery in Chapel Lane had been withdrawn. Mr Lewis reported that the NDP budget would need to be reviewed.

123.      A27 UPDATE – Noted that Mr Shrubb and Mr Hutton attended the latest workshop and noted no support for current option, but that the meeting did support further research of a scheme which would support RIS 2.

124.     

125.      CDC ALL PARISHES MEETING – Noted the presentation on Enforcement matters and S106 and CIL funds.

126.      DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR UPDATE – Cllr Montyn referred to the WSCC position regarding the A27. Cllr Barrett reported that the construction of the Youth Club was progressing well. Noted the CDC policy regarding phased removal of dog waste bins and that dog waste could now be put in household and litter bins. Cllr Barrett also reminded Members regarding funding for the Manhood Peninsular Partnership. He also reported that he was investigating the closure of The Old House at Home as it had recently been registered as a Community Asset. Cllr Martin and Cllr Patel agreed to attend a meeting with CDC to establish the situation regarding the community asset status.

127.      CLERKS REPORT

a)     Allotments – No items

b)    Footpaths and Open Spaces – Mr Hutton reported that he had requested 3 quotes and 2 had been returned but he recommended waiting until the legal position regarding the Village Green had been resolved. It was agreed the WP would respond to the recent communication. Mrs Pike agreed to draft a response.  

c)     Sportsfield Management – Noted that the new fencing for the play area had been completed and the outdoor gym had been installed. Noted new signs would be needed for both areas. Mr Buckland reported that there was a large sycamore tree which was overhanging the tennis court and it was agreed to inspect this with a view to reducing some of the larger branches. Mr Lewis reported that he would be holding a meeting with the Football Club to review usage and would report back.

d)    Snowhill – Noted the request for a memorial seat at Snowhill and agreed to replace the seat at the top of the slipway with a new bench which would be subject to the new arrangements.

e)     Finance – On a proposal by Mr Hutton and seconded by Mrs Pike, members approved  payment as listed below;

Payee

Details

 

B&M Plant Hire

Replace shingle

384.00

Proludic

Outdoor gym equipment

27,482.39

Wicks Farm

Mow Sportsfield

393.00

HMRC

Liabilities

235.06

Mrs J Brown

Clerk’s salary and expenses

1,303.23

SWR Garden Services

Mowing, Footpaths, Snowhill, Village Green

760.00

British Gas

Pavilion

56.04

CDC

Paladin hire

56.60

SSE

Public conveniences

118.86

Zurich Municipal

Premium for gym equipment

88.99

Sussex Estate Care Ltd

Marine Drive Car Park

174.00

Sussex Estate Care Ltd

Marine Drive Triangle

108.00

Sussex Estate Care Ltd

Cycle Path

294.00

SSE

Footway Lighting

229.48

Viking Direct

Ink

75.20

Knight Fencing

Play area

3,394.43

Mr C Tranchant

Pavilion garden

45.00

Homeclean

Pavilion cleaning

177.92

TOTAL

35,376.20

f)     Parish Assets/Footway Lighting – No items

g)    Communication and Web Site –  The Chairman referred to Mr Martins proposals regarding the Parish Council email account and Members access to email. In Mr Martins view the current arrangements where the Clerk filtered email was not fully transparent. Mr Shrubb referred to the previous advice from SSALC and read out this advice. Mr Lewis stated that he was comfortable with the level of information provided by the Clerk and this was supported by other Members. Mr Shrubb therefore proposed the current arrangements stand and be reviewed in 12 months. This was seconded by Mrs Pike and a majority of members agreed. Mr Martin then withdrew his proposal.

h)    Memorial Hall – Noted the toilet refurbishment had been completed.

i)      Twinning – Noted the proposed visit in 2018 would be late April/early May. Also the Call my Bluff evening on 21st October 2017.

j)      East Head/CIAG/Flood Mapping – Noted the removal of shingle had met with general approval from users, and agreed to undertake this regularly

k)    Emergency Planning – Agreed that information should go onto the web site, Mr Lewis agreed to check emergency phone numbers and let the Clerk have details.

l)      Parish Church – No report

m)   Peninsula Forum – No items to report

128.      CORRESPONDENCE

a)     Proposal to reduce speed limit in Chichester Rd – Noted a request for Parish support. The Chairman opened the meeting to allow Mr Swinscoe to address the meeting. He explained that he had support from residents and had contacted WSCC as the Highway Authority. Cllr Montyn referred to the criteria and policy regarding such TRO’s and that a speed assessment was the first stage. On a proposal by Mr Shrubb and seconded by Mr Hutton the Parish Council agreed by a majority to support the request in principle.

b)    Letter re environmental issues and dog waste – Noted the letter from a resident concerning dog waste bags left on verges and paths. Mr Martin suggested that additional publicity regarding the new policy of using household or litter bins for dog waste should be circulated and appropriate notices put up in problem areas and also because of the number of visitors who would not necessarily hear of the new arrangements.

c)     SSALC – Annual meeting with Chief Constable – Agreed to ask how the Police would respond to an emergency during peak traffic times.

129.      OTHER ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

a)     Christmas Tree – Mr Patel agreed to arrange a tree for the Village Green

b)    Highway matters – Noted the Village sign had not been replaced in East Wittering. Also graffiti on the Pumping Station still had not been removed.

130.      OPEN FORUM

Mr Goldsmith referred to the issue of the Pub car park being locked and advised that parents dropping off at School could use the Memorial Hall.

There being no further business for discussion the meeting closed at 9.05pm

              Signed:............................................................................. Chairman

              Date: ............................................................

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on THURSDAY 2nd NOVEMBER 2017 in the West Wittering Sports Pavilion, Rookwood Rd.

THESE MINUTES ARE IN DRAFT FORM UNTIL APPROVED BY THE COUNCIL AT THE NEXT MEETING, AND MAY BE AMENDED BY RESOLUTION. COPIES OF ALL UNAPPROVED MINUTES, AND AGENDA AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WEST WITTERING PARISH COUNCIL CAN BE FOUND ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S WEB SITE: www.westwitteringparishcouncil.gov.uk