West Wittering Beach Huts

West Wittering Church

Sailing Club

West Wittering Beach

Allotments

Are you interested in growing your own?

Cricket Pavilion

Minutes July 2017

07-Jul-2017

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council,

held on Thursday 6th July 2017 in the Sports Pavilion,

                                        Rookwood Road, West Wittering, PO20 8LT           

PRESENT: Mr R Shrubb (Chairman), Mr W Buckland, Mrs N Pike, Mrs J Barrett, Mr D Sadler and 4 members of the public. Cllr Barrett and Cllr Montyn were also present.

78.  APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mr K Martin Mr H Patel Mr R Hutton Mr R Lewis

79.  DECLARATIONS UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT – None

80.  URGENT ITEMS – The Chairman agreed to take matters regarding quotes for footpath clearance, A 27 and enforcement matters.

81.  PLANNING - Noted the decisions of the Council were as follows:

List No Reference Application details

22/17

WW/17/01255/DOM

Miss Armstrong 3 Summerfield Road West Wittering PO20 8LX Proposed rear/side two storey extension and rear single storey extension, COMMENT too large for plot and condition should ensure no overlooking

23/17

WW/17/01222/LBC

Mr Gordon Wotherspoon Piggery Hall Piggery Hall Lane West Wittering PO20 8PZ

External repair including demolition and re-building of chimney, replacement of external rendering with lime mortar, removal of decorations from external brickwork and replacement with lime wash or microporous paint.NO OBJECTION

WW/17/01580/DOM

Mr J Baker Westgate Ellanore Lane West Wittering PO20 8AN Alterations to roof to provide loft conversion, part retrospective amendment to application 16/00575/DOM. OBJECTION increased bulk visual in CA and finish not in keeping with surrounding properties.

24/17

WW/17/01626/DOM

Mr & Mrs C Rigby Thetis House  Cakeham Road West Wittering PO20 8AA

Amendments to front elevation to rationalise the roadside elevation. New pitch roof at the rear of the property to replace flat roof.NO OBJECTION

25/17

WW/17/01478/FUL

Mr E Kump Saltmarsh House Ellanore Lane West Wittering PO20 8AN New pool house and landscaping scheme, including revised pool layout.NO OBJECTION

WW/17/01643/DOM

Mr Tom Talbot Ourlot 21 Jolliffe Road West Wittering PO20 8ET Demolition of rear conservatory, chimney and front bay. Construction of a single storey rear/side extension, rear dormer window, projecting bay window and front porch, replacement windows throughout. Additions and alterations.NO OBJECTION

WW/17/01682/FUL

Mr And Mrs Nicholas And Valerie Hall

Lapwings West Strand West Wittering Chichester Replacement dwelling with detached garage/boathouse. WITHDRAWN

26/17

NONE

82.  NDP UPDATE – The Clerk reported that the Steering Group had agreed that the reviewed CDC Local Plan would reflect the policies of the NP.

83.  ROOKWOOD RD TRO – The Clerk reported on further consultation with WSCC following the consultation events held at the end of May 2017. On a proposal by Mr Buckland and seconded by Mrs Barrett the Council approved the proposals and supported the scheme as circulated.

84.  ENFORCEMENT MATTERS – Noted that a property in Seaward Drive had been demolished contrary to planning consent and similarly a property in Watersedge Gdns. Cllr Barret asked for a copy of the on-going correspondence with CDC regarding the enforcement matters at Dolphins, Rookwood Lane.

85.  MINUTES – On a proposal by Mrs Pike and seconded by Mr Buckland the minutes were approved by the Council.

86.  DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR UPDATE – Cllr Barratt referred to the CDC bulletin which he had circulated. He reported on the A27 consultation and the Birdham Travellers site Appeal. And encouraged businesses to attend the A27 consultation events. Cllr Montyn assured the meeting that WSCC and Highways England were working with WW Estates to try to alleviate traffic issues. Both Councillors encouraged engagement in the Southern Gateway consultation and the Local Plan Review process. Mr Buckland stated that the issue with the level crossing in Chichester needed resolving as part of the development. Cllr Barrett agreed to chase CDC regarding the replacement litter bin outside Lazy Days in Rookwood Rd.

87.  CLERKS REPORT

a)     Allotments – No items

b)    Footpaths and Open Spaces – Mr Shrubb reported that some clearance work had been done. Members noted 2 quotes had been requested for clearing FP No. 5 and both quotes were for £240. On a proposal by Mrs Pike and seconded by Mr Sadler it was agreed to award the work to Contractor A, subject to discussion with WSCC.

Members noted the shingle had been removed from Marine Drive to allow easier access. Mrs Pike reported that she had looked at the records for the Village Green regarding the issue of parking. It was agreed the deeds were required to ascertain ownership. And as the village green is covered by bye laws this would constitute an offence under the bye laws .Following discussion members agreed that wooden bollards to fence the Councils land would probably be required in future to prevent unauthorised parking. The Chair opened the meeting to allow a member of the public to address the meeting. Regarding the boundary of private land and some damage to the bridge and ditches following construction. It was agreed a site meeting would be helpful once the deeds were to hand. The Chair then closed the meeting.

c)     Sportsfield Management – Noted that works would commence on the Outdoor Gym installation week commencing 17th July 2017. Mr Buckland reported on his site visit to the rear of 37 Elmstead Park Road that the overgrown trees were on the other side of the boundary ditch. It was agreed to obtain quotes for clearance on the parish side of the Sportsfield.

d)    Snowhill – Members noted that the ramp had been repaired. It was also agreed to ask Mr Ruff to remove reported ragwort from near the sluice.

e)     Finance – On a proposal by Mrs Pike and seconded by Mr Buckland , members approved  payment as listed below

Payee

Details

 

Travis Perkins

Materials

48.97

West Sussex Drains

Pavilion gents

213.60

C Tranchant

Pavilion garden

45.00

HMRC

Liabilities

243.30

Mrs J Brown

Clerks salary and mileage

1190.37

Mr S Ruff

Footpaths

730.00

Mr S Ruff

Install seat Cakeham Rd

550.00

Mr S Ruff

Mowing maintenance

505.00

Viking

Box files, stationery

115.84

Playsafety

Play area inspection

121.80

Knight Fencing

Additional posts play area

270.00

WWCC

Annual Assembly

208.20

CSC

Paladin hire

56.50

CDC

Maintenance wall units

720.00

A Aylmore

Repair manhole

65.00

ICSA

Membership renewal Clerk

315.00

Sussex Estate Care

Marine Drive maintenance

108.00

Sussex Estate Care

 Cycle path

294.00

Sussex Estate Care

Marine Drive Car Park

174.00

Wicks Farm Holiday Park

Mowing, keys

261.58

SSE

Pavilion

411.36

SSE

Public conveniences

162.68

AiRS

Membership

50.00

Uniguard

Service (Replacement cheque)

(203.40)

B&M Plant hire

Shingle removal

384.00

B&M Plant Hire

Snowhill ramp repair

1782.00

Knight Fencing

Allotment gate post

144.00

Knight Fencing

Urban gym fencing

1253.98

Wicks Farm

Mowing Sportsfield June

196.50

Travis Perkins

Keys

4.20

Sussex Estates Care

Marine Drive Car Park

174.00

Sussex Estates Care

Marine Drive Triangle

162.00

WSCC

Footway lighting maintenance

2038.54

Homeclean

Pavilion cleaning

177.92

TOTAL

13403.44

f)     Parish Assets/Footway Lighting – No report

g)    Communication and Web Site –Noted that the Clerk was still liaising with the designers regarding a start date for the new web site.

h)    Memorial Hall – Noted an update regarding the start of the works funded by the NHB grant.

i)      Twinning – Agreed to update the web site with contact details and noted the planned visit in May 2018.

j)      East Head/CIAG – No report

k)    Emergency Planning – No report

l)      Parish Church – No report

m)   Peninsula Forum – No items to report

88.  –CORRESPONDENCE

a)     Before the Tide project – Members considered this initiative bit did not wish to pursue any further at this time.

b)    Letter re traffic issues – Contents noted.

89.  OTHER ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

a)     Overgrown brambles on footway – Mrs Barrett reported that these were causing problems for pedestrians on the footway just before the entrance to the car park opposite the Health Centre. It was agreed to get these cut back.

b)    Overgrown hedges – Chichester Rd, Malthouse corner to Wix Field and agreed to report to Highways.

90.  OPEN FORUM

Mr Carter asked the Council to look at overgrown trees behind his property. Mr Shrubb replied that if they were on the other side of the ditch they would be the responsibility of the adjoining land owner. It was also agreed to report the poor state of the road surface in Elmstead Park Road and Gardens.

There being no further business for discussion the meeting closed at 8.30pm

              Signed:............................................................................. Chairman

              Date: ............................................................

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on THURSDAY 3rd AUGUST 2017 in the West Wittering Sports Pavilion, Rookwood Rd.

THESE MINUTES ARE IN DRAFT FORM UNTIL APPROVED BY THE COUNCIL AT THE NEXT MEETING, AND MAY BE AMENDED BY RESOLUTION. COPIES OF ALL UNAPPROVED MINUTES, AND AGENDA AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WEST WITTERING PARISH COUNCIL CAN BE FOUND ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S WEB SITE: www.westwitteringparishcouncil.gov.uk