West Wittering Beach Huts

West Wittering Church

Sailing Club

West Wittering Beach

Allotments

Are you interested in growing your own?

Cricket Pavilion

Minutes January 2018

26-Jan-2018

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council,

held on Thursday 11th January 2018 in the Sports Pavilion,

                                       Rookwood Road, West Wittering, PO20 8LT           

PRESENT: Mr R Shrubb (Chairman), Mr R Hutton (Vice Chairman) Mr R Lewis, Mr W Buckland, Mr D Sadler, Mr K Martin, Mrs N Pike, Mr H Patel and 18 members of the public. Cllr Montyn was also present.

1.     APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs J Barrett

2.     DECLARATIONS UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT – Mr R Shrubb, item regarding stopping up of Highway, Watersedge Gdns, Mr D Sadler, planning application 7, Elmstead Park Rd.

3.     URGENT ITEMS – The Chairman agreed the following urgent items would be considered. - Village Green legal advice and attendance at CDALC meeting

4.     PLANNING - Noted the decisions of the Council were as follows:

List No

Reference

Application details

49/17

WW/17/03295/FUL

Change of Use Mr Paul Collard Izora 1 Watersedge Gardens West Wittering PO20 8RA Change of use from public highway pavement to residential garden use. OBJECTION To loss of footway as public amenity and pedestrian access

WW/17/03366/TCA

Mrs Joanne Brown WWPC Land East Of Public Conveniences Pound Road West Wittering Notification of intention to fell 1 no. Willow tree (T3), 1 no. Alder tree (T2) and 1 no. Cherry tree (T1). Crown reduce by up to 30% and deadwood on 1 no. Alder tree (T4).SUPPORT

WW/17/03381/DOM

Miss Rebecca Maitland Berrybarn Cottage Berry Barn Lane West Wittering Chichester

Fenestration changes. COMMENT re condition to support wooden windows rather than aluminium

50/17

WW/17/03276/DOM

Mrs Candi Davies Duckpond Cottage Piggery Hall Lane West Wittering Chichester

Retrospective construction of an arctic cabin outbuilding.NO OBJECTION

51/17

WW/17/03531/DOM.

Mr Randall 7 Elmstead Park Road West Wittering PO20 8NQ Proposed detached garage NO OBJECTION

1/18

WW/17/03603/DOM

Mr & Mrs Helen and Thomas Smith

4 Acre Street West Wittering PO20 8QQ

Single storey rear extension, two storey side extension and a front porch. NO OBJECTION

5.     THE OLD HOUSE AT HOME –CURRENT STATUS – Mr Martin reported that he understood the exchange of contracts to be imminent regarding the future of the business, but that it would be some time before re opening as additional works had been identified. He proposed that a Working Party look at the legal advice regarding the Community Asset registration and how this impacts on the other registrations in the Parish. He agreed to raise the issue at the forthcoming CDALC meeting.

6.     WW/17/03295/FUL – 1, Watersedge Gdns - Disposal of Highway - The Chairman referred to the consultation by the Secretary of State regarding disposal of and stopping up of the highway in Shore Rd in connection with the change of use application. He explained the  decision by himself and the Vice Chair to object to the stopping up on the basis that comments were due by 11th January 2018 but that if the Council subsequently disagreed with his decision the objection could be withdrawn. Following discussion on a proposal by Mr Martin and seconded by Mrs Pike, Members agreed not to withdraw the objection to the order.

7.     CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES AND MATTERS ARISING – On a proposal by Mrs Pike seconded by Mr Hutton, the minutes were agreed and signed by the Chairman.

8.     –DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR UPDATE – Cllr Montyn reported that the consultant for the A27 brief had been appointed. SYSTRA will now advise the Community workshops. Cllr Martin asked about the consultation on local government finance and the retention of business rates, seeking Cllr Montyns reassurance on WSCC’s position. Cllr Montyn agreed to investigate this further and report back.

9.     CLERKS REPORT

a)        Allotments – No items

b)        Footpaths and Open Spaces – The Clerk reported that legal advice regarding the Village Green had now been received and on a proposal by Mrs Pike, seconded by Mr Martin it was agreed to consider this in closed session.

c)        Sportsfield Management – Noted that the appropriate signs for the new equipment were in place.

d)        Snowhill – The Clerk reported that 2 quotes for installing the replacement seat had been requested but only 1 returned and on a proposal by Mr Hutton and seconded by Mr Lewis it was agreed to accept the quote for £450. Mr Martin reported on the current state of the beach following the recent storm and high tide which had damaged some groynes and breastwork. Stakeholders were reasonably pleased with the way that The Hinge had withstood the weather under such conditions and that areas would now be made safe. Further work would be considered at the next EHCIAG meeting on 1st march 2018.The Chairman opened the meeting to allow questions. It was noted that the current policy is managed retreat and that there was likely to me more movement of material. Any replacement to the groynes would be for safety reasons only. The Chairman then closed the meeting.

e)        Finance – Mr Martin queried the profile shown for some items and asked if the Clerk could provide more detail regarding the profiles applied to the budget and expenditure. Mr Hutton reminded Members that under the terms of the lease the public conveniences would need redecorating and that he would obtain quotes.

Ona proposal by Mr Hutton, seconded by Mr Buckland accounts listed below were approved for payment;

Payee

Details

WWAA

Subscriptions

35.00

Surrey Hills Solicitors

Legal advice

828.00

Mr S Ruff

Footpath clearance

120.00

Travis Perkins

Materials

16.32

Travis Perkins

Materials

5.10

British gas

Pavilion

138.52

CDC

Paladin

56.60

Wicks Farm

Postages NDP

27.30

Mrs J Brown

Clerks salary

1,108.29

HMRC

Liabilities

206.20

SEE

Footway lighting

227.08

Home Clean

Pavilion Nov and Dec 17

355.84

SEE

Pavilion

31.78

H Patel

Christmas Tree

150.00

TOTAL

3,306.03

f)     Parish Assets/Footway Lighting – No items

g)    Communication and Web Site – Noted that the Clerk would be attending a training session regarding new Data Protection regulations in February 2018, and that the consultant would also run training for Councillors subject to numbers. Agreed to find out if neighbouring parishes would be interested. Mr Martin referred to dates for further Parish on Line training which he was coordinating and it was agreed to find a suitable date for Members to attend. Mr Martin also asked the WP to review the current website to ensure all functions previously available were being delivered.

h)    Memorial Hall – No items

i)      Twinning – No items

j)      East Head/CIAG/Flood Mapping/West Manhood Drainage Group – Next meeting 1st March 2018

k)    Emergency Planning –Mr Lewis reported that he was waiting for a response from Earnley and EW&B PC’s.

l)      Parish Church – Mr Martin reported he would seek a meeting with the Rector.

m)   Peninsula Forum – No items

10.  –CORRESPONDENCE - None

11.  OTHER ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION – Noted potholes along Cakeham Rd to The Byway to report to WSCC.

12.  OPEN FORUM – Noted that information was being shared on The Old House at Home Facebook page. Mr Carter responded to a question regarding Carols on the Green and reported that community groups and charitable groups would be invited to participate next year.

13.  VILLAGE GREEN – Mr Hutton reported on his recent exchange with owners of Springwell Cottages. Following this exchange, legal advice had been obtained regarding the status of the Village Green and the Clerk summarised this for Members. Following discussion on a proposal by Mr Martin, seconded by Mr Hutton it was agreed that Mrs Pike would provide a summary of the legal points for Members and a meeting would be held with all interested parties to explain the Councils legal position.

There being no further business for discussion the meeting closed at 8.35pm

              Signed:............................................................................. Chairman

              Date: ............................................................

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on THURSDAY 1st FEBRUARY in the West Wittering Sports Pavilion, Rookwood Rd.

THESE MINUTES ARE IN DRAFT FORM UNTIL APPROVED BY THE COUNCIL AT THE NEXT MEETING, AND MAY BE AMENDED BY RESOLUTION. COPIES OF ALL UNAPPROVED MINUTES, AND AGENDA AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WEST WITTERING PARISH COUNCIL CAN BE FOUND ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S WEB SITE: www.westwitteringparishcouncil.gov.uk