West Wittering Beach Huts

West Wittering Church

Sailing Club

West Wittering Beach

Allotments

Are you interested in growing your own?

Cricket Pavilion

Minutes June 2017

02-Jun-2017

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council,

held on Thursday 1st June 2017 in the Sports Pavilion,

                                        Rookwood Road, West Wittering, PO20 8LT           

PRESENT: Mr R Shrubb (Chairman), Mr R Hutton (Vice Chairman), Mr W Buckland, Mrs N Pike, Mr H Patel, Mr R Lewis, Mr D Sadler and 5 members of the public. Cllr Barratt was also present.

64.  APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs J Barrett, Mr K Martin

65.  DECLARATIONS UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT – None

66.  URGENT ITEMS – Agreed include an item regarding the A27

67.  PLANNING - Noted the decisions of the Council were as follows:

List No Reference Application details
18/17 WW/17/01033/FUL

Mr Thomas Elliott Land East Of Brook House Pound Road West Wittering Proposed boathouse comprising ground floor storage area and first floor living accommodation OBJECTION in No parking, and issues with access, drainage issues, in CA and AONB and harmful to visual amenity, S106 to ensure storage only on ground floor and query re status of site as previously used as ancillary to main house.

WW/17/01167/TPA

Mrs Susan Marks Atherstone Lodge Elms Lane West Wittering Height reduction down to 14m (to provide clearance of house in the event of falling) and reduce widths by 3m on 1 no. Poplar tree (T1) subject to WW/15/00270/TPO.NO OBJECTION

19/17

WW/17/00410/DOM

Mr Benjamin McMahon Little Orchard Summerfield Road West Wittering Retrospective erection of replacement front boundary fencing. NO OBJECTION

WW/17/01277/DOM

Mr & Mrs T & E Gatacre

Strand House East Strand West Wittering

Proposed construction of a new store extension to granny annex.NO OBJECTION

20/17

NONE

21/17

WW/17/01000/DOM

Mr Guy Belcher 5 Elmstead Gardens West Wittering Chichester Variation of condition 2 from planning permission WW/16/03528/DOM- Proposed dropped kerb and extension of paving from garage.NO OBJECTION

68.  17, SOUTHCOTE AVE – SUBSTITUTE PLANS – Noted that dormers had been split to reflect style of surrounding properties, and number of windows reduced. The Council had no objection to the substitute plans.

69.  NDP UPDATE – Mr Lewis reported that there had been a positive response to the Call for Sites consultation and that the Focus Groups would report back at the meeting in June.

70.  CAKEHAM RD – REDUCTION IN SPEED LIMIT – Noted that WSCC would be carrying out speed data collection.

71.  CHICHESTER HARBOUR CONSERVANCY – SUPPLEMENTARY PLANNING DOCUMENT –Noted.

72.  MINUTES – On a proposal by Mr Hutton and seconded by Mr Lewis the minutes were approved by the Council.

73.  DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR UPDATE – Cllr Barratt referred to the CDC bulletin which he had circulated. He reported on the A27 consultation and the Birdham Travellers site Appeal.

74.  CLERKS REPORT

a)     Allotments – No items

b)    Footpaths and Open Spaces – Mr Shrubb reported that clearance and maintenance to footpaths would be starting in July. Noted that FP5 was very overgrown again and agreed to obtain quotes to cut the section from Acre St to behind the barn. Mr Sadler reported that the cycle path was very muddy and it was agreed to write to the farmer ta ask for the path to be cleaned. Also noted the path from Cakeham Rd to Elms Lane was a priority for maintenance this year and early next year.

c)     Sportsfield Management – Mr Hutton reported accidental damage to the front door of the Pavilion and it was agreed to make an insurance claim. He referred to his report regarding the installation of outdoor gym equipment circulated to Members with details of 3 quotes. The Working Party recommendation was for the quote for hydraulic equipment, supplied by Proludic as this represented the best equipment for the site. Members noted that a grant application had been made to the Woodger Trust and to Sport England. On a proposal by Mr Hutton and seconded by Mr Sadler it was agreed to award the contract to Proludic. Members discussed an issue regarding unauthorised parking in the Sportsfield Car Park. It was agreed to obtain a sign for the gate stating that the car park would be locked.

d)    Snowhill – Members noted the request from WWSC to move the key safe so that it was more accessible. This was agreed. It was also agreed that the normal state regarding the security post was that it would be kept up during the summer.

e)     Finance – Noted that the Annual Return and Accounting Statement for 2016/17 had been circulated

On a proposal by Mrs Pike and seconded by Mr Hutton Members approved the Annual Governance Statement for 2016/17

Ona proposal by Mr Hutton and seconded by Mr Patel, members agreed the Annual Accounting statement for 2016/17

On a proposal by Mr Lewis seconded by Mr Buckland Members approved accounts for payment as listed below;

Payee

Details

SWR Garden Services

Mowing

420.00

Mrs J Brown

Clerks salary etc

1097.31

HMRC

Liabilities

189.71

Castle Water

Allotments

168.70

Castle Water

Allotments

218.75

Travis Perkins

Materials Snowhill and Sportsfield

76.99

CDC

Paladin hire

69.10

CBA Trees

Tree Survey

1110.00

Access by Design

Hosting web site

72.00

CL Tranchant

Pavilion garden

45.00

Castle Water

Public conveniences

71.58

Sign shop

Sign Sportsfield

72.00

Travis Perkins

Keys

8.30

Sussex Estate Care Ltd

Maintenance Marine Drive

108.00

Castle Water

Pavilion

60.59

A W Aylmore

Snowhill track

120.00

Home Clean

Public conveniences

100.00

Home Clean

Pavilion

177.92

Zurich Municipal

Premium

2014.52

TOTAL

6,200.47

f)     Parish Assets/Footway Lighting – No report

g)    Communication and Web Site –Mr Patel reported that the EHCIAG forum data could not be transferred as confirmed by the current web site hosts. Noted that the current designer could transfer the rest of the data and that the new web site could go live. On a proposal by Mr Patel, seconded by Mr Lewis it was agreed to proceed with the additional work to transfer data and the Clerk would liaise with the designers regarding a start date.

h)    Memorial Hall – No items

i)      Twinning – No items

j)      East Head/CIAG – The Parish Council acknowledged the generous donation towards flood alleviation work from the Wittering Flood Defence charity.

k)    Emergency Planning – No report

l)      Parish Church – No report

m)   Peninsula Forum – Agreed Mr Shrubb would chair this meeting.

n)    A27 Community meeting – Agreed Mr Buckland would attend this meeting.

75.  –CORRESPONDENCE

a)     None

76.  OTHER ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

a)     Mr Buckland asked about progress on the project to regenerate the site at the end of Shore Rd. Mr Hutton responded that he and Mr Lewis had meet with EW&B PC in November 2016 and the matter is still under consideration.

b)    Highway matters – Noted potholes in Summerfield Rd, Cakeham Rd, overgrown hedges and trees to be reported to WSCC.

c)     Parking – Village Green – Noted that this issues was causing problems as holiday let parking was causing concern. Mrs Pike agreed to look into this and report back.

d)    HSBC Before the Tide project – Mr Lewis agreed to circulate information regarding this.

e)     Access to Beach – Mr Hutton suggested that the Council could arrange to move and grade the shingle to assist with access to the beach. It was agreed to ask CDC if this could be allowed and Mr Hutton agreed to get a price for the work. On a proposal by Mr Sadler and seconded by Mr Hutton the Chair and Vice chair were authorised to spend up to £1000 to arrange the work subject to approval by CDC.

77.  OPEN FORUM

Agreed to check overgrown trees at Rookwood Rd bus shelter.

There being no further business for discussion the meeting closed at 8.30pm

              Signed:............................................................................. Chairman

              Date: ............................................................

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on THURSDAY 6th JULY 2017 in the West Wittering Sports Pavilion, Rookwood Rd.

THESE MINUTES ARE IN DRAFT FORM UNTIL APPROVED BY THE COUNCIL AT THE NEXT MEETING, AND MAY BE AMENDED BY RESOLUTION. COPIES OF ALL UNAPPROVED MINUTES, AND AGENDA AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WEST WITTERING PARISH COUNCIL CAN BE FOUND ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S WEB SITE: www.westwitteringparishcouncil.gov.uk


May 2017 - Membership of Working Parties and Other Bodies

The chairman and vice-chairman are ex-officio members of all working parties.