West Wittering Beach Huts

West Wittering Church

Sailing Club

West Wittering Beach

Allotments

Are you interested in growing your own?

Cricket Pavilion

Minutes November 2017

01-Dec-2017

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council,

held on Thursday 2nd November 2017 in the Sports Pavilion,

                                        Rookwood Road, West Wittering, PO20 8LT           

PRESENT: Mr R Shrubb (Chairman), Mr R Hutton (Vice Chairman) Mr R Lewis, Mr W Buckland, Mrs J Barrett, Mr K Martin, Mr H Patel and 7 members of the public. Cllr Barrett, Cllr Montyn and Cllr Hamilton were also present.

131.      APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mr D Sadler,

132.      DECLARATIONS UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT – None

133.      URGENT ITEMS – None

134.      PLANNING - Noted the decisions of the Council were as follows:

List No

Reference

Application details

40/17

None

41/17

None

42/17

None

43/17

WW/17/02845/TPA

Mr Brian Clemett 10 Elmstead Park Road West Wittering Chichester West Sussex

Crown reduce by 25% and crown lift by 2m (above ground level) on 1 no. Walnut tree within Group, G1 subject to WW/74/01130/TPO.OBJECTION Tree vulnerable to such extensive pruning

WW/17/02937/DOM

Ms Davies Duckpond Cottage Piggery Hall Lane West Wittering Chichester

Extension and alterations, and extension to detached garage NO OBJECTION Subject to condition re not to be used as separate accommodation

135.    PLANNING APPLICATION WW/ 17/02307/DOM 43 RUSSELL ROAD – Members noted the poor quality of plans submitted and the Planning Officers response. It was agreed to report back to CDC regarding the importance of the Parish Councils role as a statutory consultee and ask that plans of sufficient quality only be validated.

136.    NDP UPDATE – Mr Lewis reported on actions since the last meeting and that a skeleton report was being considered and that the VDS would be updated and consulted on concurrently with the NP process. Members noted the consultation events to be held in November and that all the Focus Group tasks would be finalised by 15th December 2017.

137.    CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES AND MATTERS ARISING – On a proposal by Mr Martin, seconded by Mr Hutton the minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman. Mr Martin asked if there had been any response from EW&B PC regarding the Stubcroft Farm site and the Chairman responded that he had informed the Clerk that WWPC wished to be consulted.

138.    DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR UPDATE – Cllr Montyn updated the meeting on the CLC position in relation to consultation on the A27 and the appointment of a consultation group. Cllr Hamilton informed the meeting of the CDC Warm Homes initiative regarding interest free loans for heating and insulation. Cllr Barrett referred to the Members Bulletin which he had circulated to the Council and updated the meeting on the Birdham Travellers site and the Youth Club project. He also reported that The Old House at Home was currently being refurbished but there was no further information available regarding re opening.

139.    CLERKS REPORT

a)        Allotments – No items

b)        Footpaths and Open Spaces – It was agreed that a simple sign displaying the Village Green Byelaws should be obtained and placed in a suitable position as soon as possible. Further review of the byelaws would be considered once the Village Green is re fenced and reinstated. Mr Shrubb reported that the white lines on the cycle path needed repainting – it was agreed to report this to WSCC.

c)        Sportsfield Management – Noted the request from the Soccer Academy to hold a fund raising event in Spring 2018 which was agreed in principle. Mr Hutton reported that all tree works had been completed satisfactorily.

d)        Snowhill –Mr Martin reported that most boats had been removed from the beach. A new sign was in place regarding the security post and it was agreed to write to the Sailing Club to ask that the sign be kept clear. Also agreed to order 2 new cover plates for the post.

e)        Finance – Members considered funding for 2018/18 for the Community Warden scheme. On a proposal by Mr Martin and seconded by Mr Hutton it was agreed to support this function in 2018.

Regarding approval of accounts listed below, on a proposal by Mr Hutton and seconded by Mr Buckland, Members approved payment.

Mr Shrubb referred to the Budget and precept preparation work and asked members to put forward schemes or projects for 2018/19.

Payee

Details

 

Arbtechnic

Tree works Sportsfield

1,355.00

CDC

Paladin hire

56.60

Mrs J Brown

Clerks salary

1,175.83

Mr S Ruff

Bulb planting

900.00

Mr S Ruff

Cakeham Rd hedge

100.00

Mr S Ruff

Mowing etc.

280.00

HMRC

Liabilities

235.06

Arbtechnic

Sportsfield Trees

1315.00

Sussex Estate Care

Grounds Maintenance

108.00

Home Clean

Pavilion Cleaning

177.92

Wicks Farm

Mowing

196.50

C Tranchant

Pavilion Garden

45.00

Castle Water

Pavilion

112.02

Sign Shop

Sign Snowhill

24.00

J Clay

Allotment and Cricket Hedge

96.00

TOTAL

6,176.93

f)     Parish Assets/Footway Lighting – No items

g)    Communication and Web Site –Mr Martin asked if the link to documents such a Minutes and Agenda could be put at the top of the document to make it easier for people to find on the web site.

h)    Memorial Hall – Noted that a Facebook page had been set up by Mr Sadler and that he needed to hand over the ownership to the current Committee.

i)      Twinning –Noted that the Call my Bluff evening on 21st October 2017 had been well attended.

j)      East Head/CIAG/Flood Mapping –No specific items however Mr Martin reported that further training was available for the Parish on Line mapping tool provided by Paul Richards of Shipley PC.

k)    Emergency Planning –No items.

l)      Parish Church – No report

m)   Peninsula Forum – No items to report

140. –CORRESPONDENCE - None

141.      OTHER ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION

a)     Christmas Tree – Mr Patel confirmed that this had been ordered and Mr Shrubb agreed to arrange for it to be put up.

b)    Highway matters – Mrs Barrett asked for information regarding the Community Highway Scheme with regard to improving the footways.

c)     Shingle – Joliffe Rd – Mr Hutton reported that he had received positive feedback regarding the removal of shingle during the summer and proposed that this be done again in 2018. This was agreed.

142.      OPEN FORUM

Mr Carter referred to the new Parish Magazine and distributed copies. Mr Oppe asked the Council for support in resolving flooding issues on Wellfield.

 There being no further business for discussion the meeting closed at 8.30pm

              Signed:............................................................................. Chairman

              Date: ............................................................

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held on THURSDAY 7th DECEMBER 2017 in the West Wittering Sports Pavilion, Rookwood Rd.

THESE MINUTES ARE IN DRAFT FORM UNTIL APPROVED BY THE COUNCIL AT THE NEXT MEETING, AND MAY BE AMENDED BY RESOLUTION. COPIES OF ALL UNAPPROVED MINUTES, AND AGENDA AND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WEST WITTERING PARISH COUNCIL CAN BE FOUND ON THE PARISH COUNCIL’S WEB SITE: www.westwitteringparishcouncil.gov.uk